Note: Every Monday I will be posting about what I have been reading, listening, writing, and doing in my life. Hopefully it gives a little insight into my life. Enjoy!
What I’m Looking Forward To
- The start of Romans seminary class tonight. So I am so close to finishing my seminary degree (9 credits). When we moved up to Corning in 2010, I had to put my degree on hold, since it is impractical to drive 4 hours to class in Philadelphia. Then I found out about Northeastern Seminary, a part of Roberts Wesleyan College in Rochester. Now over the next 6 months I will finish my courses I need for my degree. I am excited about being back in the classroom, learning from other students and the professor, and finally finishing my degree!
What I’m Reading (Book)
- Darwin’s Black Box by Michael Behe
- Maphead by Ken Jennings
- I just finished The Shallows by Nicholas Carr. A very good read about how the internet shapes our culture, our thinking, and even our brains. A must read for any youth worker, teacher, communicator, or parent.
What I’m Reading (Online)
- Reviving the Student Ministry Pulpit series (Parts One, Two, and Three) by Jason Gaston.
- Things I’ve Learned from a Year of Preaching by Jake Belder
What I’m Listening To
- The Struggle by Tenth Avenue North. I have listened to this band for a long time, and their new CD makes me want to listen to all their stuff all over again. Musically it is more upbeat than their previous albums. And the lyrics are amazing.